A Practical Blogging Schedule that will Help You Make Money





Weekly Blogging Schedule that Will Help You Make Money

A consistent blogging schedule is important for success. You need a daily to-do list that needs to be completed without you procrastinating on your priorities. Because, what happens? When you don't have a blogging schedule? You obviously feel stuck and lost. The mountains of tasks will just eat you alive until you hit a wall and a mental burnout. 

Trust me. I was there before. Staying up all night working on a blog post. When really I could have written that post before 8 p.m. But, instead I was anxiously looking at my long to-do lists without moving a inch from my computer screen.

WHY? Because I don't have a proper blogging schedule! 

If you're a person who procrastinates all the time  and you found this blog when you least expected it.  Then you're in the right place! Everyone needs a practical weekly blogging schedule. 

As a full-time student, I often find it hard to muster the motivation to write a decent blog post. Unlike what most people think, blogging takes at least a good chunk of your time. And I'm talking about between 10-15 hours a week.  That's like a part-time job, and I didn't even include the business side where you need to 

-Promote your blog on social media 

-Design thumbnails blogs 

-Check if your website is functioning properly 

And if you have a full-time job or you're a working student, blogging can quickly become the last priority at the bottom of your to-do list. This passion project of yours may fail or may succeed depending on your motivation. Which is why some many people quit blogging for this simple reason: they don't have a weekly blogging schedule.

I'll show you how you can create a realistic blogging schedule that can help you make money.

#1 Tip for the Morning 

To maximize your productivity, I suggest that you complete these 3  non negotiable tasks everyday. Don't pressure yourself to finish it off in all one day. Just move your task to the next day, if you don't' have time!

For me, I divide my schedule by week, and whatever is left uncompleted, I move it to the next day. Mornings are when I find myself to be the most productive, so I usually put my three daily priorities right at the top.


Priority #1 

9:00 am: Responding to e-mails 

Believe or not, answering emails doesn't take as much time as you think. If you do it right away in the morning, you've gotten rid of one task on your list.

It takes me around 10-15 minutes to read my mails. I'll usually check a second time during the evenings. So in total, I try to limit myself to 30-35 minutes for looking at emails.


By 9:30 am, I'll have light breakfast. I'm not really a morning person that eats huge meal the minute they wake. But, I suggest you take a time to refresh your mind before jumping into the big tasks of the day.


Priority #2 

10:00 am Writing an Outline of blog draft 

In a week, I'll post between 4-5 blog posts, depending on my tight schedule. My priority is to always at aim between 3-4 posts, even when I'm having a slump.

It takes a while for me to write my draft. But, in return I take much less time to wrote the final version. The real challenge comes in when I need to proofread and edit my blog post.

1 HOUR later...


Priority #3

It's the final version!

11:00 - 13:00

For writing my final version. And afterwards proofreading my blog post. It'll take around 2 hours depending on the type of blog post I'm writing.

My goal is to have everything completed before 1:00 pm, so by evening, I can fully dedicate my energy and time to designing blog posters or any related projects to my school work.


Tip #2 Move on and no Overthinking 

WHATEVER LEFT you have that's incomplete, leave it for next day, so you can hop up right back up in the morning, and have it done with no sweat! More often than not, I usually finish off my evening by either doing any related stuff to graphic designing, or thinking of a newsletter giveaway concept idea. Also, MAKE SURE to do something relaxing at night that doesn't  require a lot of brainpower.     


Tips #3  Put Routine Priorities  

These are kind of priorities that every blogger should do at 2-3 X a week. They're not something you should avoid because it's there are the essential tasks that will make your blog succeed in the long run.

#1 Commenting people's blog 

Answering emails & comments is an essential job for bloggers. The more time you spend interacting with other bloggers, either on Pinterest or Instagram, the more likely you'll build a loyal community, and have people re sharing your blog posts. It doesn't hurt to leave a nice comment on some else's blog, and be inspired by their content. It pays off when you have a bigger blogger offering you free advice, or just simply clicking on your website link  Some bigger bloggers are always looking for a guest blogger. Hence,you might get an extra side income if someone offers to pay you to write a blog post for them. 

Here's an example of a Comment template:

Hi,

I love reading your recent blog post! You offer some greats tips on.....

What advice can you give me when it comes to....

I have my own blog. It about......

Website URL: 


#2  Putting Deadlines for Your Blog Posts 


My goal is to publish a least 4-5 blog posts a week, and have it up on my website on Mondays & Thursdays. It's a practical  blogging schedule for me since I have the weekends to finish my blog posts and responds to emails during the week. 

Greats apps where you can download and write your blog posts are:

-Evernote
An awesome writing app where it automatically saves your work. You can use it for different purposes besides blogging, like writing a to-do list, create a social media kit, or write up a CV Letter. It's really versatile!

- Google Drive
It's free and it syncs with your other apps if you're already signed to  a Gmail Account.

#3 Schedule Instagram & Pinterest on Automation 


One of the most important steps to promoting your blog posts is be present on social media. Just so you know, There are now 335 million people who are using Pinterest every month. It's one of the top 5 free places I recommend you to promote your blog post.
Don't want to spend hours manually scheduling your pins? I recommend you using Tailwind. It's an awesome tool that gives the best recommended time for posting your pins, and gives you the luxury of pinning the same pins on multiple group board at the time (20+ group boards). 

Tailwind also lets you see your best performing Instagrams posts, and makes the best decisions to let you know which optimal time during the day when your audience is most engaged.

# 4 Design Graphic Pins 



Not an expert in graphic designing? Don't worry! Canva is a user friendly platform where they let you create stunning images. It's one of the best editing tools if you're looking to make a beautiful Pin on Pinterest. What's even more exciting, is that all of your Pinterest dimension sizes are already measured by Canva! In addition, they have free stock photos and templates. Not need to worry about breaking your bank account.







  



0 Comments